Patriots practice Friday: Tommy Kelly, Leon Washington missing third straight day
|10.11.13 at 11:39 am ET|
FOXBORO — Tommy Kelly and Leon Washington missed their third straight practice on Friday while linebacker Jamie Collins returned as the Patriots worked out in sweats and shells on the upper grass fields outside Gillette Stadium.
Kelly left Sunday’s game in the fourth quarter holding his right knee and limped off the field. Washington suffered an ankle injury and was replaced by Devin McCourty in the kick return game. With both missing their third straight practice, it’s unlikely either player will suit up for Sunday’s game against the Saints.
On Wednesday, in an effort to add depth along the defensive line, which is already without Vince Wilfork for the rest of the season, the team signed former Panthers defensive tackle Andre Neblett. Neblett has been at practice all three days and could make his debut on Sunday.
As for Rob Gronkowski, Adam Schefter reports that Dr. James Andrews has not signed off on allowing the tight end to return. Gronkowski was on the practice field again on Friday but practice was closed to the media immediately following stretching.
There is less optimism today than there was earlier this week that Rob Gronkowski will play Sunday vs. New Orleans. Still not cleared by Dr.
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) October 11, 2013
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Jacoby Brissett, Julian Edelman, LeGarrette Blount Post-Week 3 Fantasy...
- Despite Injuries, Patriots Already September's Biggest Winners in the NFL