Patriots practice Friday: Tommy Kelly, Leon Washington missing third straight day
|10.11.13 at 11:39 am ET|
FOXBORO — Tommy Kelly and Leon Washington missed their third straight practice on Friday while linebacker Jamie Collins returned as the Patriots worked out in sweats and shells on the upper grass fields outside Gillette Stadium.
Kelly left Sunday’s game in the fourth quarter holding his right knee and limped off the field. Washington suffered an ankle injury and was replaced by Devin McCourty in the kick return game. With both missing their third straight practice, it’s unlikely either player will suit up for Sunday’s game against the Saints.
On Wednesday, in an effort to add depth along the defensive line, which is already without Vince Wilfork for the rest of the season, the team signed former Panthers defensive tackle Andre Neblett. Neblett has been at practice all three days and could make his debut on Sunday.
As for Rob Gronkowski, Adam Schefter reports that Dr. James Andrews has not signed off on allowing the tight end to return. Gronkowski was on the practice field again on Friday but practice was closed to the media immediately following stretching.
There is less optimism today than there was earlier this week that Rob Gronkowski will play Sunday vs. New Orleans. Still not cleared by Dr.
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) October 11, 2013
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Free Agents That Need to Be on Patriots' Radar
- Why Big Changes Could Be Coming for Patriots at WR
- Super Bowl XXXVI: Reliving the Start of the Patriots Dynasty
- We Remember: Butler's Game-Winning in Super Bowl XLIX
- Patriots Must Focus on Bringing Balance to Offense This Offseason
- Pats Must Use 2016 Offseason to Prep for Big 2017 FA Class
- Glenn Gronkowski to Meet with Patriots During Senior Bowl