Danny Amendola out with head injury, Aqib Talib leaves with hip injury, Dan Connolly out for rest of game
|10.13.13 at 6:41 pm ET|
FOXBORO — In a disturbing flashback to last January’s AFC championship game, Aqib Talib was forced to leave Sunday’s game with an apparent leg injury. He appeared to grab his leg during the second drive of the second half by the Saints. He came back after one play and headed to the immediately to the sideline, where he slammed his helmet to the ground and was examined by team medical director Tom Gill.
The Patriots announced that Talib suffered a hip injury and was questionable to return.
After several minutes on the bench, where it appeared medical staff was looking at his leg, Talib was escorted down the steps and into the Patriots locker room.
Talib has been, by far, the Patriots’ most important player in the secondary over the first five weeks of the season and was shutting down Saints tight end Jimmy Graham in the first half, holding him to no catches on four targets.
Talib suffered a quadriceps injury in the AFC championship in January. Anquan Bolden caught a pair of touchdown passes in the second half, helping the Ravens to the Super Bowl.
Minutes later, Danny Amendola took a vicious hit to the head on the Patriots sideline on a run. He was drilled by Rafael Bush and Amendola had to be helped to the bench. He was taken to locker room and ruled out for the rest of the game.
In the first half, the Patriots lost starting right guard Dan Connolly to a head injury. Marcus Cannon filled in for Connolly along the line.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...
- Marcus Cannon, Patriots Agree to New Contract: Latest Details and...
- Tom Brady Became 5th QB in NFL History to Throw for at Least 60,000 Yards
- Patriots vs. Jets: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Rob Gronkowski Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Recovery from Back...
- Julian Edelman Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Foot and Return