Inactive analysis: Rob Gronkowski, Josh Boyce both out for Patriots vs. Saints
|10.13.13 at 3:00 pm ET|
The Patriots have submitted their list of inactives for Sunday’s game against the Saints, and the following players are inactive:
Offensive lineman Chris Barker: A young offensive lineman who is a healthy scratch.
Tight end Rob Gronkowski: The will-he-or-won’t-he saga regarding the tight end will go on for another week, as he won’t play against the Saints. Expect a heavy dose of Michael Hoomanawanui and Matthew Mulligan in his place.
Defensive lineman Tommy Kelly: The veteran defensive lineman appeared to injure his knee in the second half of last Sunday’s loss to the Bengals, and didn’t practice or speak with the media this week. Expect the Patriots to rely on youngsters Joe Vellano, Chris Jones and Marcus Forston this week against the Saints.
Running back/returner Leon Washington: The former Jet and Seahawk has been plagued by injuries for a sizable portion of the season ‘ an ankle issue kept him out of practice all week. Devin McCourty worked as the kick returner in his place last week against the Bengals, and we could also see Brandon Bolden back as a returner as well this week.
Special teamer Matthew Slater: The Pro Bowler has been back at practice, but it appears the team wants to wait at least one more week before making sure that wrist has returned to 100 percent.
Defensive back Tavon Wilson: The safety and special teamer has struggled with a hamstring problem the last couple of weeks — he wasn’t active last Sunday against Cincinnati.
Wide receiver Josh Boyce: With the emergence of Austin Collie, the rookie out of TCU is rendered expendable for this week.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Josh McDaniels to Return as Patriots OC: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Patriots Picked Perfect Time to Play Imperfect Football in Win over...
- Dion Lewis vs. Texans: Stats, Highlights and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- In Better Shape Than Ever at Age 39: Here's How Tom Brady Does It
- NFL1000: Why New England's Defense Can Carry Belichick to Another Super...
- Patriots vs. Dolphins: Full Report Card Grades for New England