Tom Brady: No resentment toward Rob Gronkowski in our locker room
|10.14.13 at 9:11 pm ET|
The Patriots quarterback, speaking on Weswtood One radio prior to the Monday Night game between the Chargers and Colts, said he’s not buying into the idea that some of his teammates resent Gronkowski because the tight end hasn’t played this year despite offseason surgeries on his forearm and back.
‘I don’t think there’s any resentment toward Rob or any other player on our team that is fighting through rehabilitation to get back on the field,’ Brady said. ‘Everyone loves having Rob out on the field, but we also understand that these medical decisions are out of the hands of the players and coaches. And if the doctors, when they clear them, they clear them, and when they don’t, they don’t. That goes for every player in the NFL. It’s not just our team, it’s every team.
“So we’ll be excited to get him back. When that is, I don’t have the answer, but I prepare each week regardless of who’s out there. You got to go with the guys that are healthy and the guys who are ready to play. And look, we’ve had plenty of guys contribute to get to 5-1 at this point. So I have a lot of confidence in the guys I’m out there with. And whenever Rob comes back, whenever that is and he’s cleared, the team will be excited to have him back.’
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- FA WRs Patriots Should Target This Offseason
- Report: Montee Ball Released by Patriots
- Free-Agent RBs Patriots Should Consider This Offseason
- Free Agents That Need to Be on Patriots' Radar
- Why Big Changes Could Be Coming for Patriots at WR
- Super Bowl XXXVI: Reliving the Start of the Patriots Dynasty
- We Remember: Butler's Game-Winning in Super Bowl XLIX