Tom Brady: No resentment toward Rob Gronkowski in our locker room
|10.14.13 at 9:11 pm ET|
The Patriots quarterback, speaking on Weswtood One radio prior to the Monday Night game between the Chargers and Colts, said he’s not buying into the idea that some of his teammates resent Gronkowski because the tight end hasn’t played this year despite offseason surgeries on his forearm and back.
‘I don’t think there’s any resentment toward Rob or any other player on our team that is fighting through rehabilitation to get back on the field,’ Brady said. ‘Everyone loves having Rob out on the field, but we also understand that these medical decisions are out of the hands of the players and coaches. And if the doctors, when they clear them, they clear them, and when they don’t, they don’t. That goes for every player in the NFL. It’s not just our team, it’s every team.
“So we’ll be excited to get him back. When that is, I don’t have the answer, but I prepare each week regardless of who’s out there. You got to go with the guys that are healthy and the guys who are ready to play. And look, we’ve had plenty of guys contribute to get to 5-1 at this point. So I have a lot of confidence in the guys I’m out there with. And whenever Rob comes back, whenever that is and he’s cleared, the team will be excited to have him back.’
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- The Redemption of Josh McDaniels: Failure Taught Pats OC How to Pick His...
- Julian Edelman Comments on His Role Against Bills in Week 4
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England