Patriots practice Wednesday: Aqib Talib, Danny Amendola among five absent
|10.16.13 at 11:02 am ET|
FOXBORO — The Patriots returned to practice on Wednesday in sweats and shells and had a season-high five players absent.
Leading the group were cornerback Aqib Talib and wide receiver Danny Amendola. Also not in attendance were offensive lineman Dan Connolly, running back Leon Washington and defensive tackle Tommy Kelly.
Washington and Kelly missed all of last week, including the game against the Saints, with ankle and knee injuries, respectively. As for the other three, Talib injured his hip in the second half, came back briefly before leaving for good. Amendola was hit in the head by Saints defensive back Rafael Bush in the second half and Connolly suffered a head injury and did not return. Connolly’s injury occurred in the first half.
The five absentees don’t include linebacker Jerod Mayo, who was placed on season-ending injured reserve with a torn pectoral muscle. Mayo had surgery this week on the injury sustained in the fourth quarter of Sunday’s game against the Saints.
2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2014 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Big of an Impact Will Easley Make for Pats?
- Patriots' Top Offseason Moves
- Assessing Every Patriots UDFA's Chances of Making the Roster
- Projecting Patriots' Roster Battles This Offseason
- Ranking Pats' Remaining Offseason Priorities
- Early Projections for Patriots' Final 53-Man Roster
- In-Depth Look at Each Pats Draft Pick