Patriots Thursday injury report: Dan Connolly returns limited, Marcus Cannon limited with shoulder
|10.17.13 at 5:03 pm ET|
FOXBORO — Dan Connolly returned to practice Thursday and was limited with a concussion while another offensive lineman, Marcus Cannon, showed up limited for the first time this week with a shoulder issue. In all, four players missed Thursday’s practice while nine were limited in sweats and shells outside Gillette Stadium as the Patriots continued on-field preparations for the Jets Sunday at MetLife Stadium.
Aqib Talib suffered a hip injury Sunday and missed his second straight practice while Danny Amendola missed with a concussion. Both were injured in Sunday’s win over the Saints. Tommy Kelly and Leon Washington were unavailable again after missing last week with knee and ankle injuries, respectively. Kelly and Washington have missed the last five practices.
For the Jets, receiver Santonio Holmes missed his second straight practice with foot and hamstring injuries.
Here is Thursday’s complete report:
Did Not Practice
DT Tommy Kelly (knee)
RB Leon Washington (ankle)
CB Aqib Talib (hip)
WR Danny Amendola (concussion/groin)
RB Brandon Bolden (knee)
WR Julian Edelman (thigh)
OL Dan Connolly (concussion)
OL Marcus Cannon (shoulder)
TE Michael Hoomanawanui (knee)
DB Devin McCourty (shoulder)
TE Rob Gronkowski (back/forearm)
ST Matthew Slater (wrist)
DB Tavon Wilson (hamstring)
For more Patriots news, visit weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Surgery
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal