Report: Aqib Talib ‘unlikely’ to play Sunday vs. Jets
|10.17.13 at 5:55 pm ET|
FOXBORO — Aqib Talib will be missing his first game of the season Sunday, according to a report from Pro Football Talk.
A hip flexor strain will likely keep the most valuable player in the secondary to this point of the season out of Sunday’s game at MetLife Stadium. Quoting a league source, PFT says the cornerback is unlikely to play due to the injury against the Saints.
This news comes on top of major injuries the defense has already sustained in Vince Wilfork (Achilles) and Jerod Mayo (pectoral muscle). Both of those players have already been placed on season-ending injured reserve.
Talib has been key in the team’s ability to shut down Julio Jones and Roddy White of the Falcons, and against New Orleans tight end Jimmy Graham.
How will the Patriots compensate? Chris Price takes an in-depth look at the options.
Talib has not practiced this week.
- New England Patriots Links 12/06/13 - Sunday Spotlight Will Have Pats'...
- Alfonzo Dennard's Sentence Extended
- New England Patriots resign WR Austin Collie
- New England Patriots Links 12/05/13 - Alfonzo Dennard to Find Out Legal...
- 2013 Week 13 Patriots Power Rankings
- Patriots Are Reliant on Rookies, But Still Winning
- New England Patriots Links 12/04/13 - Patriots Preparing For All Browns...