Report: Jerome Boger will work as referee for Patriots-Jets
|10.17.13 at 5:52 pm ET|
FOXBORO — Jerome Boger has been selected to serve as the referee for Sunday’s Patriots-Jets game, according to our pals to Football Zebras.
It marks the first Patriots game of the season for Boger, who last worked a New England contest when he served as the referee for the Patriots-Dolphins game on Dec. 30, 2012 in Foxboro. He worked a pair of New England games in 2011, including the Patriots-Jets game on Oct. 9, 2011, a 30-21 win for New England.
Boger served as the referee for Super Bowl XLVII, a decision that caused a minor uproar in the officiating community.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Griff Whalen to Patriots: Latest Contract Details, Comments and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?