Report: Jerome Boger will work as referee for Patriots-Jets
|10.17.13 at 5:52 pm ET|
FOXBORO — Jerome Boger has been selected to serve as the referee for Sunday’s Patriots-Jets game, according to our pals to Football Zebras.
It marks the first Patriots game of the season for Boger, who last worked a New England contest when he served as the referee for the Patriots-Dolphins game on Dec. 30, 2012 in Foxboro. He worked a pair of New England games in 2011, including the Patriots-Jets game on Oct. 9, 2011, a 30-21 win for New England.
Boger served as the referee for Super Bowl XLVII, a decision that caused a minor uproar in the officiating community.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Garoppolo Comments on Opportunity to Start for Patriots
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Surgery
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL