Patriots practice Friday: Aqib Talib returns, Danny Amendola, Tommy Kelly still missing
|10.18.13 at 10:56 am ET|
FOXBORO — Less than 24 hours after reports that it was “highly unlikely” Aqib Talib would play on Sunday against the Jets with a hip flexor strain, the star cornerback was back on the upper grass practice fields on Friday morning. Talib missed practice Wednesday and Thursday before surprisingly showing up on Friday.
He began stretching exercises and jogging with the team before breaking off midway through and jogging very lightly on his own. Talib, who was injured in the second half of Sunday’s win over the Saints, was moving very slowly and deliberately.
Pro Football Talk reported Thursday night that Talib would likely miss his first game of the season on Sunday against the Jets with the injury.
Kelly (knee) and Washington (ankle) have missed every practice since being injured in the game against the Bengals on Oct. 6. Amendola, who suffered a concussion in the second half Sunday, did not practice this week.
For the second straight practice, Brandon Bolden was spotted on a stationary bike while the rest of the team was jogging before practice.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Donald Trump Addresses Robert Kraft, Tom Brady at Campaign Donors Dinner
- Patriots' No-Name Defense Has Started Making a Name for Itself
- Josh McDaniels to Return as Patriots OC: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Patriots Picked Perfect Time to Play Imperfect Football in Win over...
- Dion Lewis vs. Texans: Stats, Highlights and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- In Better Shape Than Ever at Age 39: Here's How Tom Brady Does It