Patriots practice Friday: Aqib Talib returns, Danny Amendola, Tommy Kelly still missing
|10.18.13 at 10:56 am ET|
FOXBORO — Less than 24 hours after reports that it was “highly unlikely” Aqib Talib would play on Sunday against the Jets with a hip flexor strain, the star cornerback was back on the upper grass practice fields on Friday morning. Talib missed practice Wednesday and Thursday before surprisingly showing up on Friday.
He began stretching exercises and jogging with the team before breaking off midway through and jogging very lightly on his own. Talib, who was injured in the second half of Sunday’s win over the Saints, was moving very slowly and deliberately.
Pro Football Talk reported Thursday night that Talib would likely miss his first game of the season on Sunday against the Jets with the injury.
Kelly (knee) and Washington (ankle) have missed every practice since being injured in the game against the Bengals on Oct. 6. Amendola, who suffered a concussion in the second half Sunday, did not practice this week.
For the second straight practice, Brandon Bolden was spotted on a stationary bike while the rest of the team was jogging before practice.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Griff Whalen to Patriots: Latest Contract Details, Comments and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?