Patriots practice Friday: Aqib Talib returns, Danny Amendola, Tommy Kelly still missing
|10.18.13 at 10:56 am ET|
FOXBORO — Less than 24 hours after reports that it was “highly unlikely” Aqib Talib would play on Sunday against the Jets with a hip flexor strain, the star cornerback was back on the upper grass practice fields on Friday morning. Talib missed practice Wednesday and Thursday before surprisingly showing up on Friday.
He began stretching exercises and jogging with the team before breaking off midway through and jogging very lightly on his own. Talib, who was injured in the second half of Sunday’s win over the Saints, was moving very slowly and deliberately.
Pro Football Talk reported Thursday night that Talib would likely miss his first game of the season on Sunday against the Jets with the injury.
Kelly (knee) and Washington (ankle) have missed every practice since being injured in the game against the Bengals on Oct. 6. Amendola, who suffered a concussion in the second half Sunday, did not practice this week.
For the second straight practice, Brandon Bolden was spotted on a stationary bike while the rest of the team was jogging before practice.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Aaron Hernandez May Be Cleared in Double-Murder Trial Due to Deleted Text
- Robert Kraft Comments on Tom Brady's Super Bowl Jersey Being Returned
- President Donald Trump to Host Patriots at White House on April 19
- Darrelle Revis Reportedly Expected to Return to Patriots If He Plays Next...
- Biggest Needs New England Patriots Have Yet to Address This Offseason
- Super Bowl 49 Champion Bryan Stork Retires from NFL at 26 Years Old
- Tom Brady Super Bowl 51 Jersey Theft Timeline Revealed on Video