Reports: Rob Gronkowski finally cleared to play Sunday vs. Jets
|10.18.13 at 9:40 am ET|
FOXBORO — It appears Rob Gronkowski has finally been cleared to return to action.
Multiple media outlets are reporting that they have been told by his agent Drew Rosenhaus that Gronkowski – and his surgically repaired left forearm – has been cleared by Dr. James Andrews.
‘Rob has now been cleared by all his doctors to play Sunday in the Jets game,’ Rosenhaus told multiple reporters Friday morning via text message.
Told of the pronouncement by Rosenhaus, Bill Belichick said Friday that the team will announce the injury report after practice as they always do.
This comes less than 24 hours after Rosenhaus told WQAM radio in Miami that the Patriots tight end still had not been cleared to play.
Andrews was recently was added to the team of doctors involved in the evaluation of his healing and was leading the medical team, which included Patriots medical director Tom Gill.
Gronkowski has been practicing with the team since being taken off the PUP list on Aug. 31.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Kraft Comments on Brady's Deflategate Suspension Being Upheld
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 3 Predictions
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 2 Predictions
- Patriots Draft Picks: Results, Analysis and Grades
- Why the 1st Round of the 2016 NFL Draft Still Matters to Patriots
- Patriots Last-Minute 7-Round Mock Draft and Top-100 Big Board
- What Are the Patriots' Long-Term Needs?