Rob Gronowski listed as questionable and Aqib Talib doubtful for Jets
|10.18.13 at 4:20 pm ET|
Rob Gronkowski‘s agent Drew Rosenhaus indicated Friday morning that the tight end had been cleared by his doctors to return, but on their practice report Friday afternoon, the Patriots listed the tight end — who has been slowed this year after multiple back and shoulder surgeries in the offseason — as questionable for Sunday’s game against the Jets.
In addition, the Patriots saw cornerback Aqib Talib on the field Friday for the first time all week, but he was still listed as doubtful with a hip injury. And the Patriots ruled three players out for Sunday: wide receiver Danny Amendola (concussion/groin), defensive lineman Tommy Kelly (knee) and running back/returner Leon Washington (ankle).
Here’s the complete list:
Did Not Practice
DL Tommy Kelly (knee) OUT
RB Leon Washington (ankle) OUT
WR Danny Amendola (concussion/groin) OUT
CB Aqib Talib (hip) DOUBTFUL
RB Brandon Bolden (knee) QUESTIONABLE
OL Marcus Cannon (shoulder) QUESTIONABLE
OL Dan Connolly (concussion) QUESTIONABLE
WR Julian Edelman (thigh) QUESTIONABLE
TE Rob Gronkowski (back/forearm) QUESTIONABLE
TE Michael Hoomanawanui (knee) QUESTIONABLE
ST Matthew Slater (wrist) QUESTIONABLE
DB Tavon Wilson (hamstring) QUESTIONABLE
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Garoppolo Comments on Opportunity to Start for Patriots
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Surgery
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL