Patriots rule out Aqib Talib, Tavon Wilson
|10.19.13 at 8:21 pm ET|
The Patriots made it official Saturday night, announcing that Aqib Talib has been ruled out of Sunday’s game against the Jets with a hip injury.
The team also announced that safety Tavon Wilson has been ruled out with a hamstring injury. Receiver Danny Amendola (concussion), defensive tackle Tommy Kelly (knee) and running back Leon Washington (ankle) were ruled out on Friday. That means the Patriots will need to scratch only two more players on Sunday morning.
Talib, after missing practice on Wednesday and Thursday, returned Friday but was only able to partially take part in stretching exercises.
Talib suffered what is believed to be a hip flexor strain in the second half last Sunday in a win over the Saints. He attempted to return after the initial injury but could not stay for the rest of the game, coming out of the game for good when he slammed his helmet to the turf in frustration.
AqibTalib & Tavon Wilson have been downgraded to OUT for tomorrow's game. #NEvsNYJ
Meanwhile, there was no announcement on Rob Gronkowski, leading to more anticipation and expectation that will indeed make his 2013 debut on Sunday at MetLife Stadium.
The tight end made the trip with the team on Saturday for the first time in four road games this season, according to a report by the Boston Herald.
Gronkowski has been inactive for the first six games as he recovered from offseason back and forearm surgeries. When he does return, it will mark the first action for any Patriots receiver from 2012 that finished in the team’s top five in receptions.
On Friday, Gronkowski’s agent Drew Rosenhaus announced in a statement to the media that Gronkowski has been medically cleared to play by all doctors involved in the situation. Hours later, a promotional video starring Gronkowski was released detailing his work on the rehab road back to playing.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- The Redemption of Josh McDaniels: Failure Taught Pats OC How to Pick His...
- Julian Edelman Comments on His Role Against Bills in Week 4
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England