Patriots rule out Aqib Talib, Tavon Wilson
|10.19.13 at 8:21 pm ET|
The Patriots made it official Saturday night, announcing that Aqib Talib has been ruled out of Sunday’s game against the Jets with a hip injury.
The team also announced that safety Tavon Wilson has been ruled out with a hamstring injury. Receiver Danny Amendola (concussion), defensive tackle Tommy Kelly (knee) and running back Leon Washington (ankle) were ruled out on Friday. That means the Patriots will need to scratch only two more players on Sunday morning.
Talib, after missing practice on Wednesday and Thursday, returned Friday but was only able to partially take part in stretching exercises.
Talib suffered what is believed to be a hip flexor strain in the second half last Sunday in a win over the Saints. He attempted to return after the initial injury but could not stay for the rest of the game, coming out of the game for good when he slammed his helmet to the turf in frustration.
AqibTalib & Tavon Wilson have been downgraded to OUT for tomorrow's game. #NEvsNYJ
Meanwhile, there was no announcement on Rob Gronkowski, leading to more anticipation and expectation that will indeed make his 2013 debut on Sunday at MetLife Stadium.
The tight end made the trip with the team on Saturday for the first time in four road games this season, according to a report by the Boston Herald.
Gronkowski has been inactive for the first six games as he recovered from offseason back and forearm surgeries. When he does return, it will mark the first action for any Patriots receiver from 2012 that finished in the team’s top five in receptions.
On Friday, Gronkowski’s agent Drew Rosenhaus announced in a statement to the media that Gronkowski has been medically cleared to play by all doctors involved in the situation. Hours later, a promotional video starring Gronkowski was released detailing his work on the rehab road back to playing.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...
- Marcus Cannon, Patriots Agree to New Contract: Latest Details and...
- Tom Brady Became 5th QB in NFL History to Throw for at Least 60,000 Yards
- Patriots vs. Jets: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Rob Gronkowski Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Recovery from Back...