Report: Rob Gronkowski travels to New York, Aqib Talib stays home, out for Sunday
|10.19.13 at 2:53 pm ET|
It appears Rob Gronkowski will indeed make his 2013 debut on Sunday at MetLife Stadium.
The tight end made the trip with the team on Saturday for the first time in four road games this season, according to a report by the Boston Herald.
Gronkowski has been inactive for the first six games as he recovered from offseason back and forearm surgeries. When he does return, it will mark the first action for any Patriots receiver from 2012 that finished in the team’s top five in receptions.
On Friday, Gronkowski’s agent Drew Rosenhaus announced in a statement to the media that Gronkowski has been medically cleared to play by all doctors involved in the situation. Hours later, a promotional video starring Gronkowski was released detailing his work on the rehab road back to playing.
The news is not as promising for Aqib Talib. The Herald, according to the same source, says the cornerback stayed home with his hip flexor strain and will be ruled out later on Saturday night when the team revises its injury report for Sunday. Talib, after missing practice on Wednesday and Thursday, returned Friday but was only able to partially take part in stretching exercises.
Alfonzo Dennard and Kyle Arrington are the likely starters in the defensive backfield with Devin McCourty remaining at safety with Steve Gregory, depending on matchups. Receiver Danny Amendola (concussion), defensive tackle Tommy Kelly (knee) and running back Leon Washington (ankle) were ruled out on Friday.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...