Patriots release defensive tackle Andre Neblett
|10.21.13 at 7:45 pm ET|
The Patriots released defensive tackle Andre Neblett on Monday afternoon.
The 25-year-old Neblett was originally signed by the Patriots on Wednesday, Oct. 9, and released on Oct. 12 to make room on the 53-man roster for Marcus Forston. Neblett was then re-signed on Oct. 16 and appeared in Sunday’s game vs. the N.Y. Jets. He did not record any statistics.
He is a veteran of three NFL seasons with the Carolina Panthers after joining the team as a rookie free agent out of Temple in in 2010. The 6-foot, 310-pounder signed with Tampa Bay as an unrestricted free agent on May 6, 2013, but was released by the Buccaneers on Aug. 31. Neblett has played in 31 NFL games with seven starts during his three-plus seasons in the NFL and has registered 28 total tackles, three sacks and two fumble recoveries. Last season, he played in 11 games with two starts and recorded 11 tackles and a ½ sack.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Scarnecchia Has Tall Task Developing Pats' Young Offensive Line
- What Are Explanations for Patriots' Failure to Address Hole at RB?
- Patriots: Way-Too-Early 53-Man Roster and Depth Chart Predictions
- Kraft Comments on Brady's Deflategate Suspension Being Upheld
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 3 Predictions
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 2 Predictions
- Patriots Draft Picks: Results, Analysis and Grades