Report: Veteran DE Andre Carter will sign with Patriots on Tuesday
|10.22.13 at 11:20 am ET|
Veteran defensive end Andre Carter will re-sign with the Patriots on Tuesday, according to ESPN. Carter, who spent the 2011 season with New England, is a 34-year-old who has also played for the Niners, Redskins and Raiders over the course of his career.
Carter had 10 sacks in 14 games in his one season with the Patriots. However, a quad injury late in the season cut his year short, and had to watch from the sidelines as the team reached the Super Bowl. There was mutual interest between him and the Patriots about a possible reunion in 2012, but the two sides couldn’t make it work and he landed in Oakland. A 6-foot-4, 260-pounder, he has 78.5 career sacks over the course of his career.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- What Are Explanations for Patriots' Failure to Address Hole at RB?
- Patriots: Way-Too-Early 53-Man Roster and Depth Chart Predictions
- Kraft Comments on Brady's Deflategate Suspension Being Upheld
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 3 Predictions
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 2 Predictions
- Patriots Draft Picks: Results, Analysis and Grades
- Why the 1st Round of the 2016 NFL Draft Still Matters to Patriots