Report: Veteran DE Andre Carter will sign with Patriots on Tuesday
|10.22.13 at 11:20 am ET|
Veteran defensive end Andre Carter will re-sign with the Patriots on Tuesday, according to ESPN. Carter, who spent the 2011 season with New England, is a 34-year-old who has also played for the Niners, Redskins and Raiders over the course of his career.
Carter had 10 sacks in 14 games in his one season with the Patriots. However, a quad injury late in the season cut his year short, and had to watch from the sidelines as the team reached the Super Bowl. There was mutual interest between him and the Patriots about a possible reunion in 2012, but the two sides couldn’t make it work and he landed in Oakland. A 6-foot-4, 260-pounder, he has 78.5 career sacks over the course of his career.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Pats' 13th Straight Season With 10+ Wins
- Patriots vs. Broncos: Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick
- Amendola, LaFell, White's Post-Week 11 Fantasy Advice
- Once Again, the Patriots Find a Way to Stay Perfect
- White Has Potential to Fill Patriots' 3rd-Down Role
- Latest on Danny Amendola's Knee Injury
- Pats' 'Next Man Up' Philosophy Faces Tough Challenge