Patriots practice Wednesday: Danny Amendola (concussion), Aqib Talib (hip) in attendance
|10.23.13 at 11:13 am ET|
He suffered a viscous hit to the helmet from New Orleans safety Rafael Bush in the second half and missed all of last week, including the game against the Jets.
Asked specifically about whether Amendola has passed all concussion protocols as mandated by the NFL, Bill Belichick said, “every player has to go through medical clearance. Every player has to go through whatever the medical procedures are. We’ll give our practice report after practice like we always do.”
Also in attendance for the full pads practice was Aqib Talib, as he tries to make his way back from a hip injury against the Saints. However, Talib was not wearing pads under his game pants and appeared very limited in stretching exercises for the second straight practice. After missing last Wednesday and Thursday, Talib was at practice on Friday but was listed as doubtful and ruled out Saturday night by the team.
The only two players not spotted Wednesday were running back Leon Washington (ankle) and defensive lineman Tommy Kelly (knee). Washington and Kelly were both injured on Oct. 6 in Cincinnati and have missed the last two games.
Brandon Spikes and Brandon Bolden both spent time on exercise bikes during positional drills at the start of practice.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Jacoby Brissett, Julian Edelman, LeGarrette Blount Post-Week 3 Fantasy...
- Despite Injuries, Patriots Already September's Biggest Winners in the NFL
- Houston Texans vs. New England Patriots Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick