Patriots practice Wednesday: Danny Amendola (concussion), Aqib Talib (hip) in attendance
|10.23.13 at 11:13 am ET|
He suffered a viscous hit to the helmet from New Orleans safety Rafael Bush in the second half and missed all of last week, including the game against the Jets.
Asked specifically about whether Amendola has passed all concussion protocols as mandated by the NFL, Bill Belichick said, “every player has to go through medical clearance. Every player has to go through whatever the medical procedures are. We’ll give our practice report after practice like we always do.”
Also in attendance for the full pads practice was Aqib Talib, as he tries to make his way back from a hip injury against the Saints. However, Talib was not wearing pads under his game pants and appeared very limited in stretching exercises for the second straight practice. After missing last Wednesday and Thursday, Talib was at practice on Friday but was listed as doubtful and ruled out Saturday night by the team.
The only two players not spotted Wednesday were running back Leon Washington (ankle) and defensive lineman Tommy Kelly (knee). Washington and Kelly were both injured on Oct. 6 in Cincinnati and have missed the last two games.
Brandon Spikes and Brandon Bolden both spent time on exercise bikes during positional drills at the start of practice.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- NFL Betting: Patriots vs. Giants Odds, Preseason Analysis
- Terrance Knighton Cut by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Updates on Patriots OT Sebastian Vollmer Injury
- Latest Updates on Tom Brady's Thumb Injury
- Malcolm Mitchell Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Elbow
- Tom Brady Comments on Suspension, Decision to Drop Deflategate Appeal
- Latest Updates on Bryan Stork's Concussion