Dolphins say they’ll be ready if Aqib Talib is good to go Sunday
|10.24.13 at 12:34 am ET|
FOXBORO — Despite the fact that he missed last Sunday’s game against the Jets and was limited in practice on Wednesday while moving gingerly through drills, the Dolphins are preparing as if Patriots cornerback Aqib Talib is going to play on Sunday when Miami meets New England at Gillette Stadium.
Regatdless of Talib’s injury situation, Dolphins coach Joe Philbin remains impressed with what the cornerback has brought to the table this season for New England.
“He’s having an excellent year,” said Philbin on Wednesday. “He can play on the line of scrimmage and get hands on and disrupt the timing of the routes very well. He gets his hands on the football a lot and catches the ball well. he can play off, and he’s having a very very good year. I think he’s one of the better corners we’ll face this year, without a doubt.”
Talib, who has four picks on the season, was a big part of New England’s defensive resurgence before he went down with a hip injury in the second half of the Oct. 13 win over the Saints. Without him in the lineup last week against the Jets, the Patriots secondary appeared to struggle at times in a 30-27 overtime loss to New Orleans.
“He’s definitely a great player,” Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill said on a conference call on Wednesday. “I think they have a lot of confidence in him, as they should. He’s made a lot of big plays so far for them this year. We’re going to have to account for him. Hopefully we’re going to have a plan in place to handle him when he’s in there, if he’s in there. But he’s definitely a guy that we account for and that we’re looking at on tape.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Martellus Bennett Injury: Updates on Patriots TE's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Says He Has No Interest in Pursuing Coaching Career
- New England Patriots vs. Buffalo Bills Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Knee Surgery
- Rob Gronkowski Keeps Rolling as the Patriots' Offensive Pillar
- Patriots vs. Steelers: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- NFL Power Rankings: Breaking Down Sunday's Action Ahead of Week 7