Dolphins say they’ll be ready if Aqib Talib is good to go Sunday
|10.24.13 at 12:34 am ET|
FOXBORO — Despite the fact that he missed last Sunday’s game against the Jets and was limited in practice on Wednesday while moving gingerly through drills, the Dolphins are preparing as if Patriots cornerback Aqib Talib is going to play on Sunday when Miami meets New England at Gillette Stadium.
Regatdless of Talib’s injury situation, Dolphins coach Joe Philbin remains impressed with what the cornerback has brought to the table this season for New England.
“He’s having an excellent year,” said Philbin on Wednesday. “He can play on the line of scrimmage and get hands on and disrupt the timing of the routes very well. He gets his hands on the football a lot and catches the ball well. he can play off, and he’s having a very very good year. I think he’s one of the better corners we’ll face this year, without a doubt.”
Talib, who has four picks on the season, was a big part of New England’s defensive resurgence before he went down with a hip injury in the second half of the Oct. 13 win over the Saints. Without him in the lineup last week against the Jets, the Patriots secondary appeared to struggle at times in a 30-27 overtime loss to New Orleans.
“He’s definitely a great player,” Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill said on a conference call on Wednesday. “I think they have a lot of confidence in him, as they should. He’s made a lot of big plays so far for them this year. We’re going to have to account for him. Hopefully we’re going to have a plan in place to handle him when he’s in there, if he’s in there. But he’s definitely a guy that we account for and that we’re looking at on tape.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...
- Marcus Cannon, Patriots Agree to New Contract: Latest Details and...
- Tom Brady Became 5th QB in NFL History to Throw for at Least 60,000 Yards
- Patriots vs. Jets: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Rob Gronkowski Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Recovery from Back...