Report: NFL fines Logan Ryan $10,000 for grabbing himself
|10.24.13 at 11:07 am ET|
FOXBORO — The move by rookie Logan Ryan to grab himself in mid-air as he was falling into the end zone on his first career interception will cost him, according to a report from Pro Football Talk.
The website, quoting a league source, says the rookie will be fined $10,000 for the on-field gesture as he ended his pick-6 of Geno Smith.
Ryan, a third-round pick out of Rutgers, has been seeing more playing time with the hip injury to Aqib Talib. Last week, he played corner in nickel situations and his read of the Smith pass resulted in a 79-yard interception return in the first quarter that gave the Patriots a 14-7 lead.
The move by Ryan is not unique in NFL circles. Marshawn Lynch grabbed himself and fell into the end zone in the 2010 playoffs after he steamrolled Darren Sharper.
Per league source, Pats CB Logan Ryan has been fined $10,000 for his mid-air crotch grab while scoring a touchdown against the Jets.
— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) October 24, 2013
- New England Patriots fans, take a deep breath and enjoy the ride
- The Heart of a Machine
- Patriots vs. Browns: Three Takeaways
- Patriots vs. Browns: Fan Notes from the Game
- BNOTD: Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski Tears ACL
- New England Patriots Links 12/09/13 - Patriots Celebrate Last-Minute...
- In the Mind of Destruction