Patriots practice Friday: Tommy Kelly (knee), Leon Washington (ankle) missing again
|10.25.13 at 10:59 am ET|
FOXBORO — The only two players not spotted Friday at sweats and shells practice were running back Leon Washington (ankle) and defensive lineman Tommy Kelly (knee). Washington and Kelly were both injured on Oct. 6 in Cincinnati and have missed the last two games.
After being listed as limited on Thursday’s practice report with a shoulder issue, Tom Brady was in attendance and took part in all stretching and warmup drills, the only portion of practice that was open to the media.
Bill Belichick was asked Friday whether he injured the shoulder in practice or was it more of a maintenance issue.
“We’ll list our injuries at the end of every day, just like we always do,” Belichick said.
Was there any reason why Brady popped up Thursday versus not being there on Wednesday?
“Yeah, that’s why we list them and that’s all I’m going to say about it,” Belichick replied.
He suffered a viscous hit to the helmet from New Orleans safety Rafael Bush in the second half and missed all of last week, including the game against the Jets.
Also in attendance for a fourth straight practice was Aqib Talib, as he tries to make his way back from a hip injury against the Saints.
Both Amendola and Talib practiced all week and could return Sunday against the Dolphins while it’s nearly certain that both Washington and Kelly will miss their third straight games, respectively.
Running back Brandon Bolden (knee) again spent time on an exercise bike during positional drills at the start of practice.
2017 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2017 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brandin Cooks' Contract Option Reportedly Exercised by Patriots
- Derek Rivers Becomes 1st Player Drafted by Super Bowl Champion Patriots...
- Mike Gillislee's Patriots Contract Offer Sheet Declined by Bills
- Malcolm Butler Reportedly 'Highly Unlikely' to Be Traded Despite Saints...
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season
- 2017 New England Patriots Schedule: Full Listing of Dates, Times and TV...
- Chiefs vs. Patriots to Open 2017 NFL Regular Season Schedule in...