Phil Simms talks Patriots-Dolphins
|10.25.13 at 2:27 pm ET|
CBS will have Phil Simms and Jim Nantz work the Patriots-Dolphins game Sunday in Foxboro, and Simms weighed in on a couple of elements involving the contest earlier in the week.
On Rob Gronkowski‘s return: “It’s always good to have a good player, and especially a star, like Rob Gronkowski return. I was extremely surprised that he looked as good as he did, and to be that productive on his first game back after being out all that time and going through the surgeries. It shows you what a special player Gronkowski is. Once the other pieces start to fall in place, it is going to make Tom Brady‘s job easier. Gronkowski changes defenses. Now it’s up to everybody else to take advantage of the fact that he’s changed the defense.”
On Miami’s three-game skid: “In the NFL you win close games and you lose close games. It comes down to the last couple of minutes with who makes the plays to win. Most teams are in that boat. Miami is one of those teams. They have a lot of good players. But no matter how they play, it’s still going to come down to the last couple minutes just about every single week. So what side of the ball does it for you? Their offense could have run the clock out, but that’s a little unrealistic. The defense had a chance if they could have stopped Buffalo and not given them the field goal chance. They would have won. So, one side of your football team really has to dominate in those special situations. And those special situations in the NFL are the last two or three minutes.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Julian Edelman Comments on His Role Against Bills in Week 4
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Jacoby Brissett, Julian Edelman, LeGarrette Blount Post-Week 3 Fantasy...