Unlucky Seven: Taking a guess at who will sit against Dolphins
|10.26.13 at 12:55 pm ET|
The Patriots will announce their inactives roughly 90 minutes before kickoff Sunday, but based on what we’ve seen this week, here’s our best guess as to who will be the seven who will sit against the Dolphins:
Defensive tackle Tommy Kelly: The veteran suffered a knee injury in the waning moments of an Oct. 6 loss at Cincinnati, and hasn’t played the last two games as a result. He was listed as out on the injury report Friday. As has been the case the last two weeks, expect more playing time for the young duo of Joe Vellano and Chris Jones.
Running back/returner Leon Washington: Washington has been dogged by injury all season, dealing with thigh and ankle issues. Like Kelly, he was listed as out on Friday. Brandon Bolden will likely see the majority of reps in his place, both on offense and special teams.
Defensive end Jake Bequette: The arrival of veteran defensive end Andre Carter likely pushes Bequette down the depth chart.
Safety Tavon Wilson: After an excellent start to his rookie year, it’s been an underwhelming campaign to this point for the second-year defensive back and special teamer, who has been dealing with a hamstring issue.
Tight end Matthew Mulligan: Someone had to be the odd man out when it came to the return of Rob Gronkowski, and it appears that Mulligan has drawn the short straw. Per Pro Football Focus, he played just two snaps last week against the Jets.
Offensive lineman Chris Barker: The rookie out of Nevada is on his way to taking what amounts to a redshirt season — he’s been a healthy scratch the last four games.
Wide receiver Josh Boyce: The same is true for Boyce, who has been a healthy scratch the last two games. It appears that like Bequette and Carter, the arrival of Austin Collie has bumped Boyce down the depth chart.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Tom Brady Comments on Friendship with President Donald Trump
- Even Patriots Haters Should Marvel at Historic Greatness of Brady and Co.
- Tom Brady, Bill Belichick Clinch Record 7th Super Bowl Appearance
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Ankle and Return
- Martellus Bennett Injury: Updates on Patriots TE's Knee, Ankle and Return
- Donald Trump Addresses Robert Kraft, Tom Brady at Campaign Donors Dinner
- Patriots' No-Name Defense Has Started Making a Name for Itself