Inactive analysis: Aqib Talib will sit against Dolphins
|10.27.13 at 11:39 am ET|
The Patriots announced the following players as inactive for Sunday’s game against the Dolphins: wide receiver Josh Boyce, cornerback Aqib Talib, linebacker Steve Beauharnais, defensive tackle Tommy Kelly, running back Leon Washington, defensive end Jake Bequette and offensive lineman Chris Barker are inactives. Here’s a little about each of those players and their situation as it relates to the team:
Talib: The second straight game Talib has been a scratch, he’s struggled with a hip injury he suffered at the tail end of the Saints contest.
Beauharnais: The rookie, who has been a special teams contributor, has been in and out of the lineup over the course of the first half of the season.
Kelly: The veteran suffered a knee injury in the waning moments of an Oct. 6 loss at Cincinnati, and hasn’t played the last two games as a result. He was listed as out on the injury report Friday. As has been the case the last two weeks, expect more playing time for the young duo of Joe Vellano and Chris Jones.
Washington: Washington has been dogged by injury all season, dealing with thigh and ankle issues. Like Kelly, he was listed as out on Friday. Brandon Bolden will likely see the majority of reps in his place, both on offense and special teams.
Bequette: The arrival of veteran defensive end Andre Carter pushes Bequette down the depth chart.
Barker: The rookie out of Nevada is on his way to taking what amounts to a redshirt season ‘ he’s been a healthy scratch the last four games.
Boyce: The same is true for Boyce, who has been a healthy scratch the last two games. It appears that like Bequette and Carter, the arrival of Austin Collie has bumped Boyce down the depth chart.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...