Sebastian Vollmer suffers gruesome leg injury, out of game
|10.27.13 at 2:24 pm ET|
FOXBORO — Patriots starting right tackle Sebastian Vollmer suffered a gruesome right leg injury in the second quarter of Sunday’s game against the Dolphins.
During a Stevan Ridley run play to the right, Vollmer had his legs rolled up on by a pile and he immediately went to the ground screaming and yelling.
He was face down before Patriots medical staff raced on the field to tend to him. Vollmer slammed his right hand to the turf and had his right leg placed in an air cast before being carted off the field.
The Patriots announced it as a right leg injury and he would not return.
Marcus Cannon came on to replace Vollmer at right tackle for the rest of the game.
For the Dolphins, wide receiver Brandon Gibson, who caught the first touchdown of the day from Ryan Tannehill, left in the first quarter with a right knee injury. Albert Breer of the NFL Network reported that a season-ending ACL tear is feared.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Comments on Roger Goodell, Future in Football, More
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...
- 10 NFL Combine Participants New England Patriots Fans Should Know