Sebastian Vollmer suffers gruesome leg injury, out of game
|10.27.13 at 2:24 pm ET|
FOXBORO — Patriots starting right tackle Sebastian Vollmer suffered a gruesome right leg injury in the second quarter of Sunday’s game against the Dolphins.
During a Stevan Ridley run play to the right, Vollmer had his legs rolled up on by a pile and he immediately went to the ground screaming and yelling.
He was face down before Patriots medical staff raced on the field to tend to him. Vollmer slammed his right hand to the turf and had his right leg placed in an air cast before being carted off the field.
The Patriots announced it as a right leg injury and he would not return.
Marcus Cannon came on to replace Vollmer at right tackle for the rest of the game.
For the Dolphins, wide receiver Brandon Gibson, who caught the first touchdown of the day from Ryan Tannehill, left in the first quarter with a right knee injury. Albert Breer of the NFL Network reported that a season-ending ACL tear is feared.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- WR Chris Harper Released by Patriots
- Brady Comments on Officiating During Broncos Loss
- Buzz: Patriots Hopeful Gronk, Amendola Will Play vs. Eagles
- Chandler's Updated Fantasy Outlook After Gronkowski's Injury
- Full Game Grades for Pats vs. Broncos
- Despite First Loss, Pats Still in Driver's Seat for AFC's No. 1 Seed
- Pats' Super Bowl Hopes May Hinge on Gronk's Status