Patriots acquire defensive lineman Isaac Sopoaga for draft pick
|10.29.13 at 3:57 pm ET|
For the second consecutive year, the Patriots have swung a trade deadline deal, this time acquiring defensive lineman Isaac Sopoaga from the Eagles.
Sopoaga is a 6-foot-2, 330-pounder out of Hawaii in his 10th season in the league. The 32-year-old, who has played with the 49ers (2004-2012) and Eagles (2013), has 226 career tackles and seven career sacks. Considered a 3-4 nose tackle, Sopoaga will relieve some of the burden that has fallen on youngsters Joe Vellano and Chris Jones, who had to play serious minutes after Vince Wilfork went down with a season-ending Achilles injury last month against the Falcons.
In all, the Eagles sent Sopoaga and a sixth-round pick to Patriots in exchange for a fifth-round draft pick.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...