Patriots acquire defensive lineman Isaac Sopoaga for draft pick
|10.29.13 at 3:57 pm ET|
For the second consecutive year, the Patriots have swung a trade deadline deal, this time acquiring defensive lineman Isaac Sopoaga from the Eagles.
Sopoaga is a 6-foot-2, 330-pounder out of Hawaii in his 10th season in the league. The 32-year-old, who has played with the 49ers (2004-2012) and Eagles (2013), has 226 career tackles and seven career sacks. Considered a 3-4 nose tackle, Sopoaga will relieve some of the burden that has fallen on youngsters Joe Vellano and Chris Jones, who had to play serious minutes after Vince Wilfork went down with a season-ending Achilles injury last month against the Falcons.
In all, the Eagles sent Sopoaga and a sixth-round pick to Patriots in exchange for a fifth-round draft pick.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots OT Sebastian Vollmer Injury
- Latest Updates on Tom Brady's Thumb Injury
- Malcolm Mitchell Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Elbow
- Tom Brady Comments on Suspension, Decision to Drop Deflategate Appeal
- Latest Updates on Bryan Stork's Concussion
- Gronk Is Too Good to Be NFL's Highest-Paid TE
- Rob Gronkowski Contract: Latest News, Rumors on TE's Negotiations with...