No-huddle numbers for Patriots through first half of 2013 season
|10.30.13 at 6:15 am ET|
One of the defining characteristics of the Patriots offense the last two years has been its ability to play fast football. New England ran no-huddle on 24 percent of its snaps in the regular season over the course of the last two years. This year is a different story — through the first eight games in 2013, the Patriots have cut way back on their no-huddle approach, utilizing it on just 86 of their 562 plays from scrimmage, a rate of 15 percent. Here’s a breakdown from each one of the first eight games, as well as a per-game percentage:
Bills — 8 of 89 snaps — 9 percent
Jets — 5 of 64 snaps — 8 percent
Bucs — 4 of 72 snaps — 6 percent
Falcons — 0 of 62 snaps — 0 percent
Bengals — 0 of 60 snaps — 0 percent
Saints — 44 of 83 snaps — 53 percent
Jets — 11 of 70 snaps — 16 percent
Dolphins — 14 of 62 snaps — 23 percent
Latest from Bleacher Report
- The Redemption of Josh McDaniels: Failure Taught Pats OC How to Pick His...
- Julian Edelman Comments on His Role Against Bills in Week 4
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England