No-huddle numbers for Patriots through first half of 2013 season
|10.30.13 at 6:15 am ET|
One of the defining characteristics of the Patriots offense the last two years has been its ability to play fast football. New England ran no-huddle on 24 percent of its snaps in the regular season over the course of the last two years. This year is a different story — through the first eight games in 2013, the Patriots have cut way back on their no-huddle approach, utilizing it on just 86 of their 562 plays from scrimmage, a rate of 15 percent. Here’s a breakdown from each one of the first eight games, as well as a per-game percentage:
Bills — 8 of 89 snaps — 9 percent
Jets — 5 of 64 snaps — 8 percent
Bucs — 4 of 72 snaps — 6 percent
Falcons — 0 of 62 snaps — 0 percent
Bengals — 0 of 60 snaps — 0 percent
Saints — 44 of 83 snaps — 53 percent
Jets — 11 of 70 snaps — 16 percent
Dolphins — 14 of 62 snaps — 23 percent
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Position-by-Position Breakdown of New England Patriots' Top Combine...
- Rob Gronkowski Says He Hopes Martellus Bennett 'Breaks the Bank' in Free...
- Rob Gronkowski Comments on Roger Goodell, Future in Football, More
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible