Stephen Gostkowski named AFC Special Teams Player of the Month
|10.31.13 at 10:46 am ET|
FOXBORO — Patriots kicker Stephen Gostkowski has been named AFC Special Teams Player of the Month for October, it was announced Thursday.
Gostkowski made all nine of his field goal attempts over the course of the month, and delivered a big kick at the end of regulation against the Jets in New Jersey on Oct. 20 to send the game to overtime. He also had a career-long of 54-yards in the 30-27 win against New Orleans on Oct. 13, and totaled 36 of the Patriots’ 90 points for the month.
He’s 20-of-21 on field goal attempts in 2013 and leads the NFL with his 20 field goals. His 77 overall points are second in the NFL to Matt Prater of Denver, who has 79 total points, and has made 15 consecutive field goals, including two from 50 or more yards with a 53-yarder and a 54-yarder.
The 29-year-old Gostkowski, who was a fourth-round pick of the Patriots in 2006, also won the award in October 2008.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Jacoby Brissett, Julian Edelman, LeGarrette Blount Post-Week 3 Fantasy...
- Despite Injuries, Patriots Already September's Biggest Winners in the NFL
- Houston Texans vs. New England Patriots Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick