Report: Walt Coleman will work as referee for Patriots-Steelers
|10.31.13 at 1:37 pm ET|
Walt Coleman will work as the referee for this weekend’s Patriots-Steelers game, according to our friends at Football Zebras.
Coleman has been the lead official in two memorable Patriots games over the last 12 years. First, he gained a small measure of fame after working as the referee for the Snow Bowl game in January 2002 between the Patriots and Raiders and calling the Tuck Rule. (He’s been a fairly regular presence in New England over the years, but hasn’t worked an Oakland game since that night.)
And second, he also worked as the referee for an Oct. 31, 2004 game between the Patriots and Pittsburgh that saw the end of New England’s 21-game winning streak.
This will mark his second New England game of the season — he was also the lead official for the Patriots-Falcons game in September.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- What Are Explanations for Patriots' Failure to Address Hole at RB?
- Patriots: Way-Too-Early 53-Man Roster and Depth Chart Predictions
- Kraft Comments on Brady's Deflategate Suspension Being Upheld
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 3 Predictions
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 2 Predictions
- Patriots Draft Picks: Results, Analysis and Grades
- Why the 1st Round of the 2016 NFL Draft Still Matters to Patriots