Peter King on M&M: Tom Brady ‘just going to have to gut out whatever he has with his hand’
|11.01.13 at 1:21 pm ET|
Peter King of Sports Illustrated and NBC Sports joined Mut & Merloni on Friday for his weekly discussion about Patriots and NFL news.
The Patriots acquired defensive lineman Isaac Sopoaga from the Eagles at Tuesday’s trade deadline. King said the move is worth the low risk.
“Clearly in compensation, draft choice and money, it’s not going to cost you very much,” King said. “The Patriots needed some buttressing along the defensive line, although I think they have to be happy with how their two young free agents [Joe Vellano, Chris Jones] have played. So I don’t think it was essential. But I think they figured that if we can do it, why not?”
There have been reports that Tom Brady is playing with an injured throwing hand, but the quarterback won’t elaborate on it.
“The only thing that I’ve heard is just what everybody has heard, that he’s got some hand soreness,” King said. “Obviously, as you know, the last person who is going to admit anything is [Brady]. If his arm was hanging on by its shoulder tendon, he would say, ‘Hey, my arm’s fine, my shoulder feels great.’ So, you’re just not going to hear. I think he’s going to have to just gut out whatever he has with his hand.”
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots Draft Picks: Results, Analysis and Grades
- Why the 1st Round of the 2016 NFL Draft Still Matters to Patriots
- Patriots Last-Minute 7-Round Mock Draft and Top-100 Big Board
- What Are the Patriots' Long-Term Needs?
- Patriots Draft Guide and Preview
- Super Bowl LI Odds: Brady Suspension Equals Uncertainty for Pats
- Gronk Reveals the Secret to Tinder Success