Inactive analysis: Kenbrell Thompkins, Aqib Talib on shelf for Steelers game
|11.03.13 at 3:20 pm ET|
FOXBORO — The Patriots have announced the following players as being out for Sunday’s game against the Steelers. Here’s the list of who will be sitting and what it means going forward:
Wide receiver Kenbrell Thompkins: The biggest surprise of the group — it appears that the rookie has slipped down the depth chart over the last few weeks. Austin Collie has seen a dramatic uptick in snaps over the last two weeks — there’s likely a connection there.
Running back/returner Leon Washington: The veteran practiced all week, but has been dogged by ankle and thigh problems for the duration of the season. The belief is that apparently two more weeks — this week and the bye — should be enough to allow him to get back to action following the bye week.
Cornerback Aqib Talib: The veteran was limited all week and was listed as questionable (hip) on Friday’s injury report. Like Washington, the thinking is that extra two weeks of rest will do him some good — the Patriots face some elite offenses following the bye. Today will mark the third straight inactive game for Talib.
Linebacker Steve Beauharnais: The rookie seventh-rounder out of Rutgers has now been a healthy scratch for five games this season.
Wide receiver Josh Boyce: The rookie receiver appears to be on the way to a redshirt season — he’s played just 56 snaps over the course of the first eight games per Pro Football Focus, and has just one catch in that stretch.
Offensive lineman Chris Barker: The young offensive lineman is still in the developmental stages of his career, and like Boyce, apparently headed for a redshirt year.
Defensive end Jake Bequette: With the acquisition of veteran defensive end Andre Carter, Bequette is now the odd man out, at least at this point.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Ankle and Return
- Martellus Bennett Injury: Updates on Patriots TE's Knee, Ankle and Return
- Donald Trump Addresses Robert Kraft, Tom Brady at Campaign Donors Dinner
- Patriots' No-Name Defense Has Started Making a Name for Itself
- Josh McDaniels to Return as Patriots OC: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Patriots Picked Perfect Time to Play Imperfect Football in Win over...
- Dion Lewis vs. Texans: Stats, Highlights and Reaction