Bill Belichick doesn’t plan on ‘doing anything differently’ in light of John Fox, Gary Kubiak health issues
|11.05.13 at 9:41 pm ET|
FOXBORO — Coaching in the NFL can be all-consuming. It can also be hazardous to one’s short and long-term health.
One needs to look no farther than this past weekend’s developments with John Fox and Gary Kubiak to see proof of that.
Texans coach Kubiak was released from a hospital Tuesday after suffering a transient ischemic attack during Sunday night’s game against the Colts. According to the Broncos, Fox remains ‘on track’ to a full and complete recovery after undergoing surgery Monday to replace an aortic heart valve.
Bill Belichick, who normally gets away to a home on Nantucket, was asked Tuesday if the Fox and Kubiak cases make him think more about taking care of himself and taking extra time to rest during the bye.
“No, I don’t feel that way,” Belichick answered.
His daily routine would suggest the 61-year-old Belichick still takes superior care of himself, preparing for the rigors of the day-to-day demands of the job. He arrives early, runs and exercises regularly before beginning his day of planning, preparation and coaching.
“I’m comfortable with the schedule that I’m on and what I’m doing. I feel about what I feel normally at this time of the season which is good but it’s not like you feel on July 28 when you start the year or whenever it is. I feel good. I’m planning on making it through the rest of the year. I don’t really see, I don’t really plan on doing anything differently.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Mike Gillislee's Patriots Contract Offer Sheet Declined by Bills
- Malcolm Butler Reportedly 'Highly Unlikely' to Be Traded Despite Saints...
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season
- 2017 New England Patriots Schedule: Full Listing of Dates, Times and TV...
- Chiefs vs. Patriots to Open 2017 NFL Regular Season Schedule in...
- Patriots Favored in Updated Super Bowl 52 Odds Ahead of 2017 NFL Draft
- After Aaron Hernandez Suicide, Victim's Family Speaks: 'I Just Started...