Reports: Pats sign former Texans RB Cierre Wood, former Ravens WR LaQuan Williams
|11.05.13 at 12:34 pm ET|
FOXBORO — The Patriots have added depth to their corps of running backs by signing free agent Cierre Wood, according to a report from NESN.com.
The running back was spotted at full pads practice on Tuesday morning on the upper practice fields outside Gillette Stadium, one day after working out with the team, according to ESPNBoston.com. Wood was cut by the Texans for violating team rules two weeks ago.
Meanwhile, according to Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun and Field Yates of ESPNBoston.com, the Patriots also signed former Ravens wide receiver LaQuan Williams. Williams was on the field Tuesday, wearing No. 16.
The team also worked out Justin Francis and Jake Ballard, both of whom were cut at the end of the summer.
Francis was waived/injured, then signed an injury settlement to become a free agent. He suffered an ankle injury during the preseason. Ballard signed with the Cardinals after his workout with the Patriots. The tight end struggled with rehab from ACL surgery during the summer with the Patriots.
He was active for 10 games and had three sacks. The Patriots also brought wide receiver Greg Orton and linebacker Marcus Dowtin for workouts. Orton has most recently spent time with the Broncos. He went undrafted out of Purdue in 2009. Dowtin went undrafted out of North Alabama in 2012. He was previously with the Bills.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Ankle and Return
- Martellus Bennett Injury: Updates on Patriots TE's Knee, Ankle and Return
- Donald Trump Addresses Robert Kraft, Tom Brady at Campaign Donors Dinner
- Patriots' No-Name Defense Has Started Making a Name for Itself
- Josh McDaniels to Return as Patriots OC: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Patriots Picked Perfect Time to Play Imperfect Football in Win over...
- Dion Lewis vs. Texans: Stats, Highlights and Reaction