Tom Brady, Logan Mankins talk locker room culture and knowing how far is ‘too far’
|11.06.13 at 3:12 pm ET|
Several of the Patriots were Tuesday asked about the situation in Miami. We already covered the comments from special teams captain Matthew Slater, but here are some of the responses from Tom Brady and Logan Mankins.
I’m sure you’ve heard about the situation in Miami. As a captain of this team and a leader, what kind of responsibility do you have to create a respectful atmosphere and not go over the line? “We’ve never dealt with ‘ we have our own locker room and every locker room is different I’m sure. I don’t know really anything that happened down there.”
But I’m asking about your locker room. “We’ve got a great locker room. We’ve got a lot of great guys. Everyone is just trying to do the best they can for the team. We take Coach [Bill] Belichick‘s cue and try to go from there. But everyone has a role to play and everybody’s role is important. You can’t do someone else’s job. You show up every day trying to figure out what you can do to help the team win. That’s the most important thing for anybody in our locker room.”
When you look at the camaraderie of your locker room, it seems like a mature group with a simple way of doing things, this is a workplace. Why is it that some places are different? “It’s a tough question, but I think it always starts at the top. When the guy at the top lets you know it’s a business and we’re here to work and everything like that. We have tons of time in there where we’re doing a lot of joking around, messing around. We have a lot of fun with each other, too, but I don’t think it’s ever taken too far.”
Is that something you learned ‘ not to go over a certain line? “Yeah, I think it’s human nature not to take it too far.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Even Patriots Haters Should Marvel at Historic Greatness of Brady and Co.
- Tom Brady, Bill Belichick Clinch Record 7th Super Bowl Appearance
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Ankle and Return
- Martellus Bennett Injury: Updates on Patriots TE's Knee, Ankle and Return
- Donald Trump Addresses Robert Kraft, Tom Brady at Campaign Donors Dinner
- Patriots' No-Name Defense Has Started Making a Name for Itself
- Josh McDaniels to Return as Patriots OC: Latest Comments and Reaction