Rob Ninkovich on M&M: Dolphins scandal ‘unfortunate’
|11.11.13 at 3:01 pm ET|
Patriots defensive end Rob Ninkovich joined Mut & Merloni on Monday to discuss New England’s bye week and the Jonathan Martin bullying saga.
Ninkovich and the Pats were out of action this week, as 7-2 New England enjoyed its bye week. The Patriots travel to Carolina next Monday night to take on the surprising 6-3 Panthers.
‘I just wanted to get a little break here, and definitely clear my mind a little bit and focus on the family,’ Ninkovich said, adding that he’d advise other to ‘take the time and use it wisely to try and get your body back to feeling pretty good, because there’s not much time like this to have a break and get your body going in the right direction.’
Ninkovich, a Patriots team captain, declined to elaborate on the Dolphins’ bullying fiasco.
‘I really don’t want to get into the whole subject, issue of it,’ Ninkovich said. ‘It’s something I have no idea about’¦ [I’m] just trying to focus on our team and moving forward in the season here.’
ESPN’s Lisa Salters reported that Martin’s days as a Dolphin are likely done. It’s speculated that teammate Richie Incognito, who’s currently serving a suspension for an indefinite amount of time for bullying Martin, is also on the way out.
‘I just think it’s unfortunate what happened down there,’ Ninkovich said. ‘Eventually, they’re going to have to figure out what’s going to happen with him, and I just don’t want to get involved with it.’
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Kraft Comments on Brady's Deflategate Suspension Being Upheld
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 3 Predictions
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 2 Predictions
- Patriots Draft Picks: Results, Analysis and Grades
- Why the 1st Round of the 2016 NFL Draft Still Matters to Patriots
- Patriots Last-Minute 7-Round Mock Draft and Top-100 Big Board
- What Are the Patriots' Long-Term Needs?