Rob Gronkowski’s racially insensitive joke creates stir
|11.12.13 at 3:25 pm ET|
Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski has received some criticism for his appearances at bars and nightclubs in the past. After the latest video of him at a bar surfaced Tuesday, he might want to reconsider his schedule.
Via TMZ, Gronkowski was attending an event at Bar Louie in Foxboro on Sunday night, doing a Q&A with fans as the Patriots enjoyed their bye. After an Asian man wearing a Gronkowski jersey danced in front of him, Gronkowski, who was holding a microphone, fist-bumped the man and said, “They told me he could only cook fried rice.” He then referred to the man as “Leslie Chow,” an apparent reference to actor Ken Jeong‘s character in “The Hangover.”
At that point, a man who appears to be an organizer took the microphone and reminded the patrons that they signed waivers agreeing to “give up their phones upon exiting.” However, Gronkowski said, “We basically gave up on that.”
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Kraft Comments on Brady's Deflategate Suspension Being Upheld
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 3 Predictions
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 2 Predictions
- Patriots Draft Picks: Results, Analysis and Grades
- Why the 1st Round of the 2016 NFL Draft Still Matters to Patriots
- Patriots Last-Minute 7-Round Mock Draft and Top-100 Big Board
- What Are the Patriots' Long-Term Needs?