Rob Gronkowski’s racially insensitive joke creates stir
|11.12.13 at 3:25 pm ET|
Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski has received some criticism for his appearances at bars and nightclubs in the past. After the latest video of him at a bar surfaced Tuesday, he might want to reconsider his schedule.
Via TMZ, Gronkowski was attending an event at Bar Louie in Foxboro on Sunday night, doing a Q&A with fans as the Patriots enjoyed their bye. After an Asian man wearing a Gronkowski jersey danced in front of him, Gronkowski, who was holding a microphone, fist-bumped the man and said, “They told me he could only cook fried rice.” He then referred to the man as “Leslie Chow,” an apparent reference to actor Ken Jeong‘s character in “The Hangover.”
At that point, a man who appears to be an organizer took the microphone and reminded the patrons that they signed waivers agreeing to “give up their phones upon exiting.” However, Gronkowski said, “We basically gave up on that.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Garoppolo Comments on Opportunity to Start for Patriots
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Surgery
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL