Ed Reed agrees to deal with Jets
|11.14.13 at 11:36 am ET|
There had been conflicting reports about the level of interest from the Patriots, with ESPN’s Chris Mortensen tweeting Thursday morning that New England was not an option.
Bill Belichick has long been an admirer of the longtime Ravens standout. Reed signed a three-year deal with the Texans this past offseason but was released this week after losing playing time and criticizing his coaches.
Jets coach Rex Ryan has familiarity with Reed, having coached him when Ryan served as Baltimore’s defensive coordinator in the 2000s.
Ryan on Wednesday discussed Reed in his press conference and said “absolutely, yes,” he would like to see Reed on his team.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Jacoby Brissett, Julian Edelman, LeGarrette Blount Post-Week 3 Fantasy...
- Despite Injuries, Patriots Already September's Biggest Winners in the NFL