Ed Reed agrees to deal with Jets
|11.14.13 at 11:36 am ET|
There had been conflicting reports about the level of interest from the Patriots, with ESPN’s Chris Mortensen tweeting Thursday morning that New England was not an option.
Bill Belichick has long been an admirer of the longtime Ravens standout. Reed signed a three-year deal with the Texans this past offseason but was released this week after losing playing time and criticizing his coaches.
Jets coach Rex Ryan has familiarity with Reed, having coached him when Ryan served as Baltimore’s defensive coordinator in the 2000s.
Ryan on Wednesday discussed Reed in his press conference and said “absolutely, yes,” he would like to see Reed on his team.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Devin McCourty Comments on Decision to Skip White House Visit with Donald...
- Former Patriots, Miami CB Leonard Myers Dies at Age 38
- Tom Brady, Patriots Reportedly Have Mutual Interest in New Contract
- Jimmy Garoppolo Reportedly May Remain with Patriots Despite Trade Rumors
- Biggest Challenges Facing New England Patriots in 2017 Offseason
- Tom Brady's Super Bowl 51 Comeback to Be Made into Book and Feature Film
- Malcolm Butler's Life Story to Be Subject of Biographical Movie