Ed Reed agrees to deal with Jets
|11.14.13 at 11:36 am ET|
There had been conflicting reports about the level of interest from the Patriots, with ESPN’s Chris Mortensen tweeting Thursday morning that New England was not an option.
Bill Belichick has long been an admirer of the longtime Ravens standout. Reed signed a three-year deal with the Texans this past offseason but was released this week after losing playing time and criticizing his coaches.
Jets coach Rex Ryan has familiarity with Reed, having coached him when Ryan served as Baltimore’s defensive coordinator in the 2000s.
Ryan on Wednesday discussed Reed in his press conference and said “absolutely, yes,” he would like to see Reed on his team.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Week 4 Proves Why Pats Are Still in Driver's Seat
- Patriots Favored over Cowboys in Marquee Matchup
- Pros, Cons of Patriots' Offensive Line Shuffling
- What's the Secret to Lewis' Sudden Stardom?
- Blount and Lewis Are Perfect 1-2 Punch in Pats Backfield
- Adjustments Patriots Must Make After Bye Week
- Where Does Brady's Hot Start Rank?