Report: Clete Blakeman will work as referee for Patriots-Panthers
|11.14.13 at 8:51 pm ET|
Clete Blakeman is set to work as the referee for Monday’s game between the Patriots and Panthers, according to our pals at Football Zebras.
Blakeman is a former college quarterback who starred at Nebraska from 1983 through 1987 and became a college official before moving on to the NFL in 2008. This will mark his first Patriots game of 2013 — his last game involving New England was a 24-23 loss to the Seahawks in Seattle on Oct. 14, 2012. Prior to that, Blakeman worked two Patriots’ games the last three-plus seasons: he led the crew of officials as the referee in the Cleveland-New England game on Nov. 10, 2010, a surprise 34-14 win for the Browns, and was the referee in Foxboro on Nov. 21, 2011 for a 34-3 Patriots’ win over the Chiefs.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- What We've Learned Through Week 2 of Pats Preseason
- Previewing Patriots' Preseason Week 3 Matchup
- Patriots Preseason Week 2 Stock Report
- Report: Edelman's Wk 1 Status Uncertain
- Is Signing Wayne a Smart Move for Pats?
- NFL Files Letter in Response to Brady's Case Examples
- Even with Empty Tank, Wayne Fits with Pats