Aqib Talib might be ‘day-to-day’ but sounds close to returning
|11.15.13 at 11:24 am ET|
FOXBORO — There are usually good signs that a player is nearing return from injury.
Aqib Talib is showing some of them.
For the first time since suffering a hip injury in Week 6 against the Saints, Talib spoke with the media Thursday, which could be a sign that the shutdown corner is getting ready to come back.
Asked where he stood this week, Talib would only commit to “day to day,” but he was on the practice field for the team’s full-pads practice Thursday, and was on the field again on Friday.
He gave credit to his teammates picking him up during his absence while saying it’s been difficult watching the games.
“Definitely, man, anytime you have to watch the guys go to war without you, man, that’s the worst thing in the world,” he said.
Talib said the bye last week came “at the perfect time.”
The other big sign that Talib appears ready to return is his eagerness to get on the field with one of the best talkers in the game, Panthers wide receiver Steve Smith, someone he got to know very well from his NFC South days with the Buccaneers.
“He brings it every Sunday or Monday or whenever the game is,” Talib said. “Steve’s gonna bring it. If you’re competitive like that, you’re gonna be successful.”
As for his own trash-talking exploits on the field, Talib acknowledged he’s got game, too.
“Yeah, I say a couple words,” Talib said with a devilish smile.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Aaron Hernandez May Be Cleared in Double-Murder Trial Due to Deleted Text
- Robert Kraft Comments on Tom Brady's Super Bowl Jersey Being Returned
- President Donald Trump to Host Patriots at White House on April 19
- Darrelle Revis Reportedly Expected to Return to Patriots If He Plays Next...
- Biggest Needs New England Patriots Have Yet to Address This Offseason
- Super Bowl 49 Champion Bryan Stork Retires from NFL at 26 Years Old
- Tom Brady Super Bowl 51 Jersey Theft Timeline Revealed on Video