Patriots practice Friday: Steve Gregory missing again, WR LaQuan Williams released
|11.15.13 at 11:15 am ET|
FOXBORO — It’s beginning to look like Patriots safety Steve Gregory will miss Monday’s game against the Panthers.
The safety was not spotted during the media portion of practice Friday morning, marking the second straight day he’s missed with an injured thumb suffered against the Steelers on Nov. 3. The team worked out in sweats and shells on a mild, pleasant morning on the lower practice field.
Also not in attendance was wide receiver LaQuan Williams, who was released Friday before the practice. Williams was signed by the Patriots on Nov. 5 and did not play in a game with the team.
Williams, 25, is a veteran of two NFL seasons with the Ravens. The 6-foot, 195-pounder originally entered the NFL as a rookie free agent with the Ravens out of Maryland in 2011. Williams was released by Baltimore on Sept. 6.
He played in 23 NFL games over the last two seasons and finished with four receptions for 46 yards and nine special teams tackles. Last season, Williams played in 11 games and finished with five special teams tackles before being placed on injured reserve.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...