Patriots practice Wednesday: Michael Hoomanawanui missing, Steve Gregory returns, Aqib Talib, Alfonzo Dennard present
|11.20.13 at 12:22 pm ET|
FOXBORO — Despite continuing injuries on the defensive side, the Patriots had only one absence Wednesday as they began on-field preparations for Sunday night’s game against Peyton Manning and the Denver Broncos at Gillette Stadium.
Tight end Michael Hoomanawanui was the only player not spotted during the media portion of practice as the team worked out in sweats and shells on the upper grass fields outside Gillette.
Safety Steve Gregory returned to practice after missing the last two weeks with an injury that required a procedure to stabilize the thumb. Gregory was injured in the second half of the game against the Steelers and did not return.
Aqib Talib was at practice after missing the last several defensive snaps Monday with an aggravation of his hip injury that forced him to miss the previous three games.
Alfonzo Dennard was on the field despite a reported knee procedure that is expected to keep him out a couple of weeks. Dennard was moving very cautiously and is not expected to be ready to play this Sunday night.
The team will practice again on Thursday and Friday.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Belichick's Heart Grew 3 Sizes Today
- Patriots Still Face Heavyweight Showdown vs. Broncos
- Pats Need Defense to Continue Recent Success
- Biggest Takeaways from Patriots' Week 11 Win
- Pats' 13th Straight Season With 10+ Wins
- Patriots vs. Broncos: Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick
- Amendola, LaFell, White's Post-Week 11 Fantasy Advice