Report: Alfonzo Dennard out a few weeks after knee procedure
|11.20.13 at 11:18 am ET|
Patriots cornerback Alfonzo Dennard will be out a few weeks after having a small meniscus procedure performed on his knee, according to a report from Ian Rapoport at NFL Network.
Dennard missed Monday’s loss to the Panthers after showing up on the injury report in the middle of last week.
With cornerback Aqib Talib slowed by a hip injury, cornerback Kyle Arrington struggling with a groin strain and safety Steve Gregory out with a broken thumb, the Patriots defensive backfield will face a major challenge Sunday night against the pass-happy Broncos. Denver leads the league in points, total yards, passing yards and passing touchdowns.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- The Redemption of Josh McDaniels: Failure Taught Pats OC How to Pick His...
- Julian Edelman Comments on His Role Against Bills in Week 4
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England