Brandon Spikes downgraded to ‘questionable’
|11.24.13 at 12:25 pm ET|
The Patriots Sunday morning downgraded linebacker Brandon Spikes to “questionable” from “probable” with a knee injury. The designation means his probability of playing has officially gone from 75 percent to 50-50.
Spikes attended Friday’s practice at Gillette Stadium but was the only player not spotted in shells, wearing only sweats and his practice jersey. He also spent the media portion of practice speaking with linebackers coach Pepper Johnson.
Spikes has been nursing a knee injury for most of the season and has dealt with knee injuries in past season, limiting his playing time in his first three seasons in the league. He played in 12 games in 2010 and eight in 2011 before missing just one game in 2012.
Spikes has played in all 10 games this season and leads the Patriots in total tackles with 60.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Comments on Roger Goodell, Future in Football, More
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...
- 10 NFL Combine Participants New England Patriots Fans Should Know