Brandon Spikes downgraded to ‘questionable’
|11.24.13 at 12:25 pm ET|
The Patriots Sunday morning downgraded linebacker Brandon Spikes to “questionable” from “probable” with a knee injury. The designation means his probability of playing has officially gone from 75 percent to 50-50.
Spikes attended Friday’s practice at Gillette Stadium but was the only player not spotted in shells, wearing only sweats and his practice jersey. He also spent the media portion of practice speaking with linebackers coach Pepper Johnson.
Spikes has been nursing a knee injury for most of the season and has dealt with knee injuries in past season, limiting his playing time in his first three seasons in the league. He played in 12 games in 2010 and eight in 2011 before missing just one game in 2012.
Spikes has played in all 10 games this season and leads the Patriots in total tackles with 60.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Robert Kraft Comments on Handling of Tom Brady's Deflategate Suspension
- Freeney Would Add No Value to Patriots Defense
- Can Malcom Brown Make 2nd-Year Jump for Patriots?
- Is Cannon Safe on Patriots' Roster?
- Can Garoppolo Carry Patriots in Brady's Absence?
- Latest on Patriots WR Danny Amendola's Injury
- Patriots Players on Notice After 2016 Offseason Roster Moves