Brandon Spikes downgraded to ‘questionable’
|11.24.13 at 12:25 pm ET|
The Patriots Sunday morning downgraded linebacker Brandon Spikes to “questionable” from “probable” with a knee injury. The designation means his probability of playing has officially gone from 75 percent to 50-50.
Spikes attended Friday’s practice at Gillette Stadium but was the only player not spotted in shells, wearing only sweats and his practice jersey. He also spent the media portion of practice speaking with linebackers coach Pepper Johnson.
Spikes has been nursing a knee injury for most of the season and has dealt with knee injuries in past season, limiting his playing time in his first three seasons in the league. He played in 12 games in 2010 and eight in 2011 before missing just one game in 2012.
Spikes has played in all 10 games this season and leads the Patriots in total tackles with 60.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Super Bowl Odds: Patriots Betting Favorites Despite Brady Suspension
- Position Battles to Watch in Patriots Training Camp
- Does Brissett Have a Chance to Be Patriots Week 1 Starter?
- Brady Is Under Too Much Pressure, and It Could Crush Pats Dynasty
- Most Prominent Patriots on the Roster Bubble
- Report: Lombardi Leaving Pats Front Office
- What Could Ninkovich's Position Change Mean for Patriots Defense?