Report: Patriots set to sign TE D.J. Williams
|11.26.13 at 3:39 pm ET|
The Patriots are set to sign tight end D.J. Williams, according to Jason LaCanfora of CBS Sports. The 6-foot-2, 245-pound Williams, who has played for the Packers and Jaguars, is an Arkansas product who has been in the league since 2011. Last season with Green Bay, he had seven catches for 57 yards. Known more as a blocker, Williams could be insurance for No. 2 tight end Michael Hoomanawanui, who suffered a knee injury earlier this month against the Panthers and sat out last Sunday’s win over the Broncos.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Stats the Patriots Must Improve in 2014
- Cuts That Could Create Serious Cap Space for Pats
- Bargain Guide to Patriots' Offseason
- State of the Patriots at Start of 2014 Offseason
- Patriots 2014 Mock Draft with Scouting Profiles
- Manning Deserves Appreciation in Patriot Nation
- Patriots' Initial 2014 Draft Big Board