Patriots announce additions of DT Sealver Siliga and TE D.J. Williams to 53-man roster
|11.27.13 at 4:04 pm ET|
FOXBORO — The Patriots made a number of roster moves Wednesday afternoon, adding defensive tackle Sealver Siliga to the 53-man roster from the practice squad, signing TE D.J. Williams to the 53-man roster and rookie tackle Patrick Ford to the practice squad.
Siliga, 23, was signed by the Patriots to the practice squad on Oct. 23. He has spent time with San Francisco, Denver and Seattle since joining the NFL as a rookie free agent with the 49ers in 2011 out of Utah. The 6-foot-2, 325-pounder, was released by the 49ers at the end of his first training camp and was then signed to the Denver practice squad. He began the 2012 season on the Denver practice squad before being signed to the 53-man roster in September. He played in one game for Denver in 2012. Siliga was traded by Denver to Seattle in training camp this past summer and spent part of the year on the Seahawks practice squad before being released on Oct. 4.
Williams, 25, played in seven games with one start for Jacksonville this season before being released by the Jaguars on Nov. 4. The 6-foot-2, 245-pounder originally entered the NFL as a fifth-round draft pick (101st overall) by Green Bay out of Arkansas in 2011. Williams was waived by Green Bay on Aug. 31, 2013, and claimed off waivers and awarded to Jacksonville on Sept. 1. He has played in 33 NFL games with three starts and has nine receptions for 70 yards.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Surgery
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal