Patriots announce additions of DT Sealver Siliga and TE D.J. Williams to 53-man roster
|11.27.13 at 4:04 pm ET|
FOXBORO — The Patriots made a number of roster moves Wednesday afternoon, adding defensive tackle Sealver Siliga to the 53-man roster from the practice squad, signing TE D.J. Williams to the 53-man roster and rookie tackle Patrick Ford to the practice squad.
Siliga, 23, was signed by the Patriots to the practice squad on Oct. 23. He has spent time with San Francisco, Denver and Seattle since joining the NFL as a rookie free agent with the 49ers in 2011 out of Utah. The 6-foot-2, 325-pounder, was released by the 49ers at the end of his first training camp and was then signed to the Denver practice squad. He began the 2012 season on the Denver practice squad before being signed to the 53-man roster in September. He played in one game for Denver in 2012. Siliga was traded by Denver to Seattle in training camp this past summer and spent part of the year on the Seahawks practice squad before being released on Oct. 4.
Williams, 25, played in seven games with one start for Jacksonville this season before being released by the Jaguars on Nov. 4. The 6-foot-2, 245-pounder originally entered the NFL as a fifth-round draft pick (101st overall) by Green Bay out of Arkansas in 2011. Williams was waived by Green Bay on Aug. 31, 2013, and claimed off waivers and awarded to Jacksonville on Sept. 1. He has played in 33 NFL games with three starts and has nine receptions for 70 yards.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Amendola, Patriots Agree to New Contract
- How Rookie Cyrus Jones Fits in Patriots Defense
- Patriots Long Snapper, May Leave Team to Fulfill Navy Duty
- Scarnecchia Has Tall Task Developing Pats' Young Offensive Line
- What Are Explanations for Patriots' Failure to Address Hole at RB?
- Patriots: Way-Too-Early 53-Man Roster and Depth Chart Predictions
- Kraft Comments on Brady's Deflategate Suspension Being Upheld