Tom Brady, Chandler Jones capture AFC honors
|11.27.13 at 10:11 am ET|
FOXBORO — Wednesday was a good day in the awards department for the Patriots: Tom Brady was named AFC Offensive Player of the Week, while Chandler Jones was named AFC Defensive Player of the Month.
Brady completed 34-of-50 passes for 344 yards, three touchdowns and no interceptions for a 107.4 passer rating against Denver. The 344 yards are Brady’s second-highest total in 2013, trailing only his 432-yard performance against Pittsburgh on Nov. 3. Brady totaled 1,072 passing yards and eight touchdowns in his three November games, averaging 357 yards and 2.7 touchdowns per game.
Jones registered 16 total tackles and four sacks in the team’s three November games to push his season total to 10 ½ sacks. The Patriots have now had a player finish with 10 or more sacks in a season 15 times. Jones has 16 ½ sacks (6 in 2012 and 10 ½ in 2013) in his first two NFL seasons, which ranks third in team history for most sacks in a player’s first two seasons. Garin Veris had 21 and Chris Slade had 18 ½.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Malcolm Butler Contract: Latest News, Rumors
- Patriots DT Plans to Recruit Kevin Durant to Celtics
- Patriots Feature Formidable 3-Man Pass-Rush Rotation
- Patriots File Amicus Brief Supporting Brady's Deflategate Suspension...
- Deep Battle Brewing for Roster Spots at WR for Patriots
- Robert Kraft Comments on Handling of Tom Brady's Deflategate Suspension
- Freeney Would Add No Value to Patriots Defense