Bill Belichick: Have to make sure you don’t get ‘blown up’ on sidelines
|11.29.13 at 12:03 pm ET|
After seeing the Steelers coach come perilously close to making contact with Ravens returner Jacoby Jones Thursday night — some would say it was an accident, some would say it was on purpose — Belichick recalled getting “blown up” on the sidelines on a couple of occasions.
“There’s one play in particular where I was kind of watching the pass rush of the front and the ball was thrown,” Belichick said Friday morning. “I didn’t really follow the ball that quickly, and all the sudden the guy caught it and was right on top of me and [I] ended up under the Gatorade bench.
“Obviously if you’re watching the ball, it shouldn’t be that big of a problem,” he added. “But if you’re trying to watch something else ‘¦ obviously we have to give the officials and the players room to play. Sometimes that just happens where you get guys caught up a little bit on the sideline. But yeah, I saw the play last night. I was like, ‘Oh my God, yeah.’ That could easily happen to any of us. It’s a good lesson, I have to be careful.”
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- New England Patriots: What We've Learned Through Week 2 of Preseason
- Previewing Patriots' Preseason Week 3 Matchup
- Patriots Preseason Week 2 Stock Report
- Report: Edelman's Wk 1 Status Uncertain
- Is Signing Wayne a Smart Move for Pats?
- NFL Files Letter in Response to Brady's Case Examples
- Even with Empty Tank, Wayne Fits with Pats