Joe Andruzzi Foundation’s annual gala set for Monday night in Foxboro
|12.02.13 at 1:18 pm ET|
Former Patriots offensive lineman Joe Andruzzi — a cancer survivor — is set to headline the feature event of the year for the Joe Andruzzi Foundation Monday night at Gillette Stadium. Andruzzi, as well as several local celebrities and current and former Patriots, will get together for the sixth annual gala to help raise money for his foundation, which helps cancer patients and their families and supports pediatric brain cancer research at Boston Children’s Hospital.
The Andruzzi’s will be joined at the gala by many of his former Patriots teammates, as well as current players, celebrities and sports stars from across New England.
It’s an important night for Andruzzi, who has been instrumental in helping raise thousands of dollars to help fight cancer.
‘Our gala is such an important night for our Foundation, and with each year, I’m more appreciative I’m still here, and that my wife Jen and I get to do this work,” Andruzzi said. “We’re still in awe of how far we’ve come in six years, and humbled by our collective power to help others. The funds we raise at this year’s gala will continue to help us alleviate cancer’s financial burden on patients and families, as well as fund crucial pediatric brain cancer research, and we’re incredibly grateful to all those who have joined us along the way to make nights like tonight possible.’
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Surgery
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal