Bill Belichick tweaks Jets again
|12.04.13 at 12:23 pm ET|
The Jets? Not so much.
Belichick was head coach in Cleveland from 1991 through 1995, and talked briefly Wednesday about his time with the Browns. He was asked Wednesday if he still had any affinity for Cleveland, and despite the fact that it was an awful ending, he said that he still has fond memories when it came to his time with Cleveland.
“I was there for five years,” Belichick said. “It was five important years in my life, for myself, my family and all that. Obviously, we’ve all moved on, and I have a job to do here and that’s where my loyalty is, is to Robert, the Patriots organization and this football team. So it’s no different than how I feel, honestly, about the Colts, or the Lions or the Broncos.
“I feel differently about the Jets,” he added with a smile. “We won’t put them in that category.”
Belichick concluded: “Good experiences with all of those teams, and we learned from them, grew as a coach, and as a person and as a family. But we’re at a different time and a different place. This is where we are now, so I’ll try to make the most out of this one.”
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Josh McDaniels to Return as Patriots OC: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Patriots Picked Perfect Time to Play Imperfect Football in Win over...
- Dion Lewis vs. Texans: Stats, Highlights and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- In Better Shape Than Ever at Age 39: Here's How Tom Brady Does It
- NFL1000: Why New England's Defense Can Carry Belichick to Another Super...
- Patriots vs. Dolphins: Full Report Card Grades for New England