Bill Belichick tweaks Jets again
|12.04.13 at 12:23 pm ET|
The Jets? Not so much.
Belichick was head coach in Cleveland from 1991 through 1995, and talked briefly Wednesday about his time with the Browns. He was asked Wednesday if he still had any affinity for Cleveland, and despite the fact that it was an awful ending, he said that he still has fond memories when it came to his time with Cleveland.
“I was there for five years,” Belichick said. “It was five important years in my life, for myself, my family and all that. Obviously, we’ve all moved on, and I have a job to do here and that’s where my loyalty is, is to Robert, the Patriots organization and this football team. So it’s no different than how I feel, honestly, about the Colts, or the Lions or the Broncos.
“I feel differently about the Jets,” he added with a smile. “We won’t put them in that category.”
Belichick concluded: “Good experiences with all of those teams, and we learned from them, grew as a coach, and as a person and as a family. But we’re at a different time and a different place. This is where we are now, so I’ll try to make the most out of this one.”
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- FA WRs Patriots Should Target This Offseason
- Report: Montee Ball Released by Patriots
- Free-Agent RBs Patriots Should Consider This Offseason
- Free Agents That Need to Be on Patriots' Radar
- Why Big Changes Could Be Coming for Patriots at WR
- Super Bowl XXXVI: Reliving the Start of the Patriots Dynasty
- We Remember: Butler's Game-Winning in Super Bowl XLIX