Patriots practice Wednesday: Brandon Spikes, Aaron Dobson and Marcus Cannon absent
|12.04.13 at 12:04 pm ET|
FOXBORO — Linebacker Brandon Spikes headlined a list of three players not in attendance at Patriots practice on Wednesday as the team began on-field preparations for the Cleveland Browns this Sunday at Gillette Stadium.
Spikes has been nursing a sore knee for several weeks and has been listed on the team’s injury report.
Rookie receiver Aaron Dobson has a foot injury that forced him to miss Sunday’s game in Houston. Dobson played just 36 of 87 snaps against the Broncos on Nov. 24 before showing up on the injury report last week.
Marcus Cannon injured his ankle against the Broncos in the first half against the Broncos and was replaced by Will Svitek for the remainder of the game. Cannon was not active last Sunday against Houston, marking the first game he has missed this season.
On the bright side, cornerback Alfonzo Dennard and Aqib Talib were both on hand and participating in practice. Dennard missed practice last Thursday and has missed two of the last three games, including Sunday’s win in Houston.
Tight end Michael Hoomanawanui returned to practice for the first time since suffering a knee injury against Carolina on Nov. 18. Hoomanawanui has missed the last two games with the knee injury.
The team worked out in sweats and shells on the lower practice fields Wednesday and will practice again on Thursday and Friday.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal
- Brady's Request for Rehearing of Deflategate Appeal Denied