Patriots Wednesday injury report: Brandon Spikes (non-injury), Aaron Dobson (foot) DNP
|12.04.13 at 5:46 pm ET|
FOXBORO ‘ As it turns out, Brandon Spikes was not at practice on Wednesday due to a non-injury matter. The team does not specify on its official injury report if it was simply a “maintenance” day for additional rest or some other issue. Spikes has been on the injury report for the last several weeks with a knee issue but that was not the case on Wednesday.
Meanwhile, after missing his first game Sunday since the opener in Buffalo, rookie receiver Aaron Dobson was again held out due to a foot injury apparently suffered in the 34-31 win over the Broncos on Nov. 24. He played just 36 of 90 offensive snaps against Denver and did not practice last week before being held out against Houston.
Michael Hoomanawanui returned for the first time since his knee injury against Carolina on Nov. 18, leading to the release of back-up tight end D.J. Williams on Wednesday afternoon.
Rob Gronkowski was again listed as limited with back, forearm and hamstring issues but his ankle was not listed on the official report despite tweaking it on Sunday in Houston.
Here is Wednesday’s complete report:
Did Not Practice
WR Aaron Dobson (foot)
RT Marcus Cannon (ankle)
LB Brandon Spikes (not injury related)
CB Kyle Arrington (groin)
TE Michael Hoomanawanui (knee)
CB Marquice Cole (shin)
CB Alfonzo Dennard (knee)
S Steve Gregory (finger)
TE Rob Gronkowski (back/forearm/hamstring)
CB Aqib Talib (hip)
WR Kenbrell Thompkins (hip)
OT Will Svitek (ankle)
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Griff Whalen to Patriots: Latest Contract Details, Comments and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?