Patriots Wednesday injury report: Brandon Spikes (non-injury), Aaron Dobson (foot) DNP
|12.04.13 at 5:46 pm ET|
FOXBORO ‘ As it turns out, Brandon Spikes was not at practice on Wednesday due to a non-injury matter. The team does not specify on its official injury report if it was simply a “maintenance” day for additional rest or some other issue. Spikes has been on the injury report for the last several weeks with a knee issue but that was not the case on Wednesday.
Meanwhile, after missing his first game Sunday since the opener in Buffalo, rookie receiver Aaron Dobson was again held out due to a foot injury apparently suffered in the 34-31 win over the Broncos on Nov. 24. He played just 36 of 90 offensive snaps against Denver and did not practice last week before being held out against Houston.
Michael Hoomanawanui returned for the first time since his knee injury against Carolina on Nov. 18, leading to the release of back-up tight end D.J. Williams on Wednesday afternoon.
Rob Gronkowski was again listed as limited with back, forearm and hamstring issues but his ankle was not listed on the official report despite tweaking it on Sunday in Houston.
Here is Wednesday’s complete report:
Did Not Practice
WR Aaron Dobson (foot)
RT Marcus Cannon (ankle)
LB Brandon Spikes (not injury related)
CB Kyle Arrington (groin)
TE Michael Hoomanawanui (knee)
CB Marquice Cole (shin)
CB Alfonzo Dennard (knee)
S Steve Gregory (finger)
TE Rob Gronkowski (back/forearm/hamstring)
CB Aqib Talib (hip)
WR Kenbrell Thompkins (hip)
OT Will Svitek (ankle)
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots Star Danny Amendola's Injuries
- Why Collins Is Patriots' Most Important 2017 Free Agent
- Biggest Issues the Patriots Will Face in 2016 Season
- Super Bowl Odds: Patriots Betting Favorites Despite Brady Suspension
- Position Battles to Watch in Patriots Training Camp
- Does Brissett Have a Chance to Be Patriots Week 1 Starter?
- Brady Is Under Too Much Pressure, and It Could Crush Pats Dynasty