Josh Gordon on facing Aqib Talib: I’m definitely going to make more plays
|12.05.13 at 9:12 pm ET|
Josh Gordon said that when it comes to facing Aqib Talib this week, he’s going to come out on top in the battle with the Patriots cornerback.
“I’m pretty sure he’ll make some plays, but I’m definitely going to make more plays,” Gordon told reporters who asked about Talib, who is expected to match up with the Cleveland receiver this Sunday when the Browns face the Patriots at Gillette Stadium.
“NFL cornerback is a hard position to play, and [Talib is] doing a great job right now for that defense,” added Gordon, who has 64 catches for 1,249 yards and seven touchdowns this season. “He’s a real physical, scrappy player. But I’m going to come out there and do the same, go out there and make plays myself and try to make sure that nobody can stop me.”
This is the second consecutive week Gordon has said he was going to do some damage to an opposing secondary. Last week, he told reporters he was going to exploit Jacksonville’s cornerbacks, and he ended up coming away with 261 receiving yards against the Jags.
Regardless of who he’ll be facing, Gordon said Thursday he’s excited for his first crack at the Patriots.
‘[I’m] definitely looking forward to that challenge,” he said. “I’ve never played this team. I hold this team in high regard for their past, their coaching staff and the guys they have on their team and what they’ve done. They might double team me they might not. If they do give me that look we’re prepared for it, for the double team, we’ve been practicing for it but if they don’t and they single me up we plan to exploit it.’
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...